February 4, 2013

A Couple of Simple Cards

Good morning! Ivana here today with a couple of cards to share.  I usually don't do very many simple designs on my cards, but lately, I have been drawn to the clean look, so I have been trying  a little more to keep my cards as simple as possible, and I find stamping is just the trick for this. It adds a lot of interest, without adding too much bulk or too many fussy layers to the card. 

So, here are two of the most recent "simple" cards I've created with lovely TCM stamps!


I absolutely love colors inspired by Springtime, so I wanted to make a card that used all of these happy, cheery colors. 

I also wanted to make a little crafty invitation using the beautiful Crafty Shelf stamps. 


For the top of the card, I layered a felt scalloped heart, with a scalloped circle die & miniature die-cut heart. I added some punched paper leaves and liquid pearls to finish the embellishment.

I stamped three hearts using the Lark Additions stamp set, and stamped the sentiment using the Crafty Shelf set. 


Peeking just under the middle heart, is a doily border, and the soft yellow and pink papers finish off the base of the card. 

I stamped and cut out another wood-grain heart, and layered a pink heart on top to finish off the bottom of the card.


For this card, I decided to do a bit of stamping on the cardstock to dress it up, and then I added a couple of layers of patterned paper.


For the top of the card, I embellished a simple white heart border with some liquid pearls, and added a stamped and die-cut button. 

The center flower is a die-cut, which I inked, and then added a button & liquid pearls to. 


The borders and the sentiments are both from the Beautiful Hymns stamp set. 

I love how fun stamping can be and how it can dress up simple cards! 
Hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks for joining me today, 

*Ivana*

0 comments: