September 29, 2013

Christmas Angel & A Dude!?

Hiya TCM Friends!

It's Sharri here to share a couple of cards with you today. I am getting a head start on my Christmas cards and want one I made using the newly released Little Angels set. 
I stamped the angel with versamark and heat embossed with Tsukineko Gold Embossing Powder. After fussy cutting her out I added red pearls for the holly berries for a pop of color. 

I popped the angel up on an embossed background which I framed using the largest SB Fleur De Lis Square die. The sentiment is also heat embossed. I really like the Tsukineko Embossing Powders for heat embossing sentiments because it is very fine detail and the letters are always readable.

My next card is a fun one!
I combined the Lovely Labels 18 set with the Lets Face It set to create a fun masculine card.
I began by stamping the eyebrows, mustache, mouth and hat on white card stock and cut the face out with a SB Circle die and fussy cut the hat. I stamped the polka dot frame and cut it out with a SB Labels 18 die.

I finished off the face by adding enamel dots for the eyes and nose. My daughter thinks he looks like the guy on the can of Pringles chips and my husband thinks he looks like the snowman that narrates the Frosty the Snowman show that is always on TV around the holidays. Maybe I should make a few more cards like this only using Christmas colors ;^)

Here is a closer look at the set I used today -

Little Angels


Let's Face It



Lovely Labels 18


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!
Sharri



3 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

Your angel card is so pretty embossed in gold...I like the red pearls! Your dude card does resemble both Pringles and Frosty guys. Great job on your cards.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Clare said...

Fabulous cards Sharri! Love them!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! Loving these!! How FUN is that second card with that face!! Love it!! ;) thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)